We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What kind of personal information about you do we process?
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including telephone, postal and email address
- credit or debit card details
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Where do we source your personal information?
The personal information we collect comes from you directly when you use our website or when you provide it to our customer service team on the phone, by post or by email.
What do we use your personal data for?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- The updating of your details and records on our systems
- Managing various aspects of the product or service you have purchased from us
- To test and improve the performance of our products and services as well as our own business processes
- To ensure that we are following legal guidelines and best practice under any relevant changes to the rules by regulatory bodies (including governmental) and to ensure that we comply with those regulations and requirements.
- For the management, auditing and accounting of our own business operations
- To monitor our communications with you
- For business analysis and developing business statistics
- For the targeting of our direct marketing communications that will help us to offer to you the most relevant products and services. With your permission (see ‘Understanding your marketing preferences’ below) we will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels (for example Google & Facebook)
- To provide products and services which are targeted at you and your interests personally. This may include the tailoring of our product and service offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions we present to you through our various digital channels
- To help us in the development and refining of new offerings and to improve the offerings which we currently have.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
- To ensure that at all times we are complying with our legal obligations as a business.
- Where you have provided us with your explicit consent for us to do so, we may also use this information for direct marketing communications to you via SMS, email, phone and post.
Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
In the processing and fulfilment of orders, and in the delivery of marketing communications
How do we secure your data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
How and when you can withdraw your consent
If it is necessary for your personal information to be transferred outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA)
We are a UK based company, but on occasion it may be necessary to transfer some of your personal information outside of the EEA. If it is necessary to do this we will always ensure that the correct safeguards are in place.
What do you need to do if your personal information changes?
If your personal information does change at any time you can update it directly through your online account, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by calling our customer service team directly. Where relevant and necessary we will update your personal information.
Why we need you to provide your personal information to us
- Without your personal information it would not be possible to provide you with most of our goods and services.
- We only request personal information where it is vital to the fulfilment of goods and/or services, or where you have provided it to us with your expressly permission to use it for direct marketing purposes.
Monitoring activities that involve the processing of your personal information
We may occasionally monitor phone calls, emails, and social media posts for quality control and training purposes. This information may also be used and shared within our business for these purposes.
Our use of automated decision making tools
We sometimes target the products and services we offer to you by using our technology alone. An example of this could be presenting you with specific product or service on our website based on the information we hold about you, such as your purchase and website browsing history.
How long do we retain your personal information for?
We will hold your personal information based on one or all of the following criteria, unless we specifically notify you otherwise:
- For as long as there is a reasonable business need for us to do so. This will include managing our relationship with you and the management of our business operations
- While we provide goods and/or services to you and then for a period afterwards where a claim of any type could be bought against us.
- Periods that are in line with legal/regulatory requirements and/or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Below is a list of the rights that you as an individual have under data protection laws. These rights do not apply in every circumstance, but if you chose to exercise any of them we can explain to you at the time what is and isn’t applicable.
- To be informed about the processing of your personal information
- To have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- To object to processing of your personal information
- To restrict the processing of your personal information
- To have your personal information removed (“right to be forgotten”)
- To request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- To move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Where automated decision making has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You also have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/
Your right to object
You also have the right to object to particular types of processing of your personal information. In particular to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes and also where it might be used for particular reasons based on what we perceive as being legitimate interest.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can contact us by email at email@example.com , by calling our customer service team, or by writing to us at the below address.
Understanding your marketing preferences
We may use your personal information to contact you based on the marketing preferences you have given to us – this could be through your postal address, phone number, email address, social media channels or other digital channels (for example, Facebook and Google).
You can opt out of marketing emails we send by simply clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link and following the instructions. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call our customer services team, or write to us at Toys and Interiors Limited, Unit C1 Smeed Dean Centre, Castle Road, Sittingbourne, ME10 3EW, United Kingdom
Cookies & how we use them
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. If you accept cookies, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To find out more about cookies visit these websites -