With a knitting simple pattern, this personalised bag is speedy to make and can be customised to match any outfit. Because of the iron-on interfacing and lining, it's sturdy enough to keep your keys, purse or phone safe.
Originally issued in the 2 December 1944 issue of Woman's Weekly magazine.
- 24 x 15cm/ 9.5 x 6 inches
- 2 x 50g (116m) balls of Sublime Extra Fine Merino Wool DK (100% wool) in Penelope (374); small amount of DK yarn in contrast colour for tassel (Yarn information)
- Pair of 3.25mm (No.10) knitting needles
- A 25 x 30cm piece in each of iron-on interfacing and lining fabric
- Matching sewing thread
- Zip fastener of appropriate length
- Letter embellishment and fabric glue (optional)
Skill Level: Intermediate